Monday, September 27, 2010

Pretty Grungy

As some of you may know, one of the bands that pretty much made up a third of the soundtrack to an entire decade, Gin Blossoms, is coming to Manila. This has somehow triggered my nostalgic nerve, which has made me almost giddy that the 90s are slowly worming their way back into the mainstream aesthetic. Or so I'd like to think.

winona ryder 0-1


Channeling this look is pretty much what I've been obsessed with right now. Unfortunately, seeing as don't have the beautiful ageless pixie appeal Ms. Ryder over here possesses - because seriously, the woman hasn't aged since "How To Make An American Quilt" - I'll have to be satisfied with wearing minimal makeup and floral dresses with boots. Which brings me to mention just how much I want those shoes from the F/W 2010 Dior ad campaign:

Karlie-Kloss-Christian-Dior-Fall-2010


And that gorgeously flimsy dress. And those legs.

Also, I'm still a little bit concerned about this whole no-mascara trend that's been popping up everywhere. It demands model-esque perfect skin and bone structure, which, let's face it, I don't have. I am worried. Very, very worried. I think an investment in a good eyelash growth enhancer might make me feel better about this trend. Or I could just remind myself that it's a trend and that it will eventually go away, else someone will have to pry my tube of Lash Blast Fusion from my cold, dead fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment