Thursday, September 16, 2010

Not Your Usual Nine to Five

I feel like a legitimate journalist now.

It all started when, while thrifting at the massively overwhelming Anonas ukay ukay, I received a call that went a little something like:

Boss: Hi. Is your passport valid?
Me: Yes, it is. Why?
Boss: I'm sending you to Hong Kong next week for an event.

...Ah. Well, it isn't war-torn Afghanistan, which would have added more journalistic street cred and legitimacy to any writer, but this was admittedly a little more my style. Urban, cosmopolitan, and without the hazards of bullets and shrapnel whizzing past you and your camera crew of one. This also involves shopping.

So one month into my job and for the very fist time in my life, I got on a plane alone, checked into my own hotel room, looked at pretty, shiny things - which is always a plus for me - and bought some fabulously cheap fillers for my already suffering wardrobe. I could have done much more wandering had I stayed longer than one night.

I love my job. I may not be very good at it, but I love my job.

This is my absolute favorite of the (few) pictures I managed to take between dodging crowds and gleefully, maniacally, mirthfully laughing at cheap, adorable accessories:

IMG_1103


There was, surprisingly, no major food-tripping, although I do consider it a minor victory that I ate nothing but pork the entire time. My Daddy would be proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment