Monday, September 27, 2010

Think Pink

Really, really pink.

Being in such close proximity to a mall with a Rustan's has today proven to be very, very bad for my already hyperventilating bank account. Today's lunch/shopping date with friends resulted in the not-so-impulsive purchase of what is possibly one of the most shocking and prettiest colors I've seen in powder form.

IMG_1384

IMG_1394
NARS Blush in "Desire." Obviously.


Isn't it wonderful? It's exactly as their website describes it: a "cotton candy pink." And I am not the type to turn down candy. Plus points for having a name I can freely say in front of my grandmother. I also think I have a highlighter - by which I mean the office supplies and not the cosmetic kind - in the exact color.

I owe so many swatches already; there are still those BeneFit minis to work on.

Also, has anyone noticed that the lighting in Rustan's Shangri-La is probably the worst possible kind for a makeup section? Accuracy in color is of the highest importance when testing makeup - I don't think I want to imagine shopping for foundation there - and those dim, yellow bulbs they use make the various nuances in shade and tone disappear. Pity.

No comments:

Post a Comment